Thursday, July 19, 2012

Oops! Must have missed a day posting...

These are some wildlife pictures I took. I decided not to divide it into days, because it was really hard to keep straight, for one, but also because it really doesn't matter WHAT day they were taken :) I forgot to change the clock on my camera, so the time "stamp" on these pictures is completely incorrect, and I'll have to figure that out...LOL.

I will come back later to tag these with names. A lot of these animals are very similar in appearance, especially the various antelope.

Nyala (en-yaw-la).

Impala (?).

Same impala (?).

The only male impala (?) in that group.

Yellow-billed hornbill.

Mama warthog and three babies, but you can't see the third, just out of frame.

Warthog owning this water hole.

What does a warthog do when he has an itch he can't reach?

He rubs up against anything he can find...

...especially when it's your bum that itches!

Wildbeest...

...and more wildebeest...

...and finally a small herd.

Mr. Warthog is definitely keeping the wildebeest away from the water hole!

Kudu bull.

I believe this is a roan antelope. This is an odd photo, though.
It looks like this roan has two bodies but only one head!
With these wildlife, you take the pictures as you can get them :)

Waterbuck, with the distinctive "toilet seat ring"
around its rump.

I believe this to be a sable antelope.

Wildebeest finally getting that drink :)

No comments:

Post a Comment